Who can you call a bail bondsman in Las Vegas?
A bail bondsman sells bail bonds. Consider a bail bond as a type of insurance policy that guarantees the court that the arrestee will either appear for scheduled court sessions or the set bail will be forfeited to the court.
The defendant pays a one-time fee to the bondsman for their service and might be required to provide collateral to guarantee the bond.
Regardless of the case’s outcome, the bondsman keeps the fee, less the portion paid to the insurance company for the bond.
The bondsman needs to be convinced that the arrestee will appear in court and may require that the defendant sign over a car title, have their parents put a lien on their house or find another way to come up with the money.
Get Back Home Today!
Our agents at 24/7 Bail Bonds are standing buy day and night to bail you out of any Las Vegas jail.
Requirements for a Bail Bondsman in Las Vegas, NV
- Submit an application on forms prescribed by the Department of Insurance.
- Comply with and obtain a temporary license.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of Nevada.
- Maintain an active business and the records of that business in Clark County.
- Maintain reasonable business hours, making their services accessible to the public.
- Be of sound character punishments on a felony, crime of moral turpitude, or crime punishable by 1 year or more.
- Pass required written exam.
- Pass background checks and credit report examinations.
- Maintain Photo and fingerprints on file.
- Comprehensive 14 hours of continuing education classes every two years.
Arrested in Las Vegas? Call our bail bondsmen ASAP
If you are arrested, it can be difficult to think clearly. You will have many questions about what will happen to you. However, it is important to stay focused and take the necessary steps to ensure that all your rights are protected. The criminal justice procedures vary from state to state, once you are arrested and taken to jail, you will be announced the charges filed, fingerprinted and photographed.
At 24/7 Bail Bonds, call us any time at (702) 660-1155 to get the solutions to all of your problems. We will meet with you at a place of your choice and work with you across the phone as well. Whether in person or on the phone, you will get the greatest service possible everywhere.